Lijit Ad Wijit

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mount not in top 610 colleges?





I gave the Forbes list of top colleges a run through this morning and am disappointed to report that I could not find the Mount anywhere. Maybe I scrolled too fast, which I hope is the case, but if not, our school is not held in very high regards.

Among the Maryland institutions that did make the list: UM-College Park, UMBC, Loyola, Hood, Towson and Goucher. I mean we couldn't get ahead of Hood? Jeez.

Gettysburg ranks respectably high on the list, but not as high as top 100 selection St. Mary's (Md.), alma mater of Kevin Robinson Jr. and Dan Engelstad.

Northeast Conference schools I noticed making the cut? Quinnipiac, St. Francis (N.Y.) (?????????) and Fairleigh Dickinson (???????????????????????????).

The worst part of all, though? We're not even the top Mount St. Mary's in the nation, according to the list. That would be Mount St. Mary's College in Los Angeles at 266.

The top 10 are as follows:

1. Williams College (Mass.)
2. Princeton University (N.J.)
3. Amherst College (Mass.)
4. Army (N.Y.)
5. MIT (Mass.)
6. Stanford University (Calif.)
7. Swarthmore College (Pa.)
8. Harvard University (Mass.)
9. Claremont McKenna College (Calif.)
10. Yale University (Conn.)

In summary, Massachusetts is a really good place to go to school, and apparently, though I strongly disagree, the Mount is not.


Criteria: Our list of more than 600 undergraduate institutions is based on the quality of the education they provide, the experiences of the students and how much they achieve

3 comments:

Richard said...

If Forbes would have examined the quality of the Mount's alumni(such as MENSA caliber people like BG) then I am quite sure that Mount would soar up the list. So anyways, when approximately will an official schedule be out, Lord BG? I am just so eager to go on Priceline and start booking rooms for some road games.That is as long as I recover good enough from my 2nd knee replacement I just had in July. I had to get my 1st one taken out and another one put in because the Dr. screwed up last year. Its been hell the past few years. I have had 6 surgeries and still made it to many road games in big pain. I want an easier time this year. If health is decent then I know I will go to the Ohio twinbill and most likely the Vermont, Penn St., and Savannah St. games, as well as the NEC NYC trip. Dont think I will get to Niagara or Albany though, we shall see.

BG said...

Richard, I'm pretty confident in the schedule I posted based on the sources who helped me out. Hopefully I can see at least one of the games.
Sorry about the trouble with your knee, but hopefully some victories in Emmitsburg will ease the swelling.
By the way, you were very close to me in Norrisville, though I haven't drove through there in months.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be overly confident. Based on the St. Francis (pa) website, you're already wrong on at least 4 of the dates of the games this year