Lijit Ad Wijit

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Now Hiring: Kevin Jones ... Former walk-on has sights on coaching career

Kevin Jones - Mount Basketball Class of 2010
Hometown: Gloucester City, N.J.
Major: History
Minor: Sociology


Jones, a three-year walk-on member of the Mount men's basketball team, has not lost his passion for the game since his senior season ended. Although he will begin working for a financial firm this week, his dream is to be a basketball coach.


"I’ve been going to interviews and I just got a job at Wells Fargo," said Jones, who started his job based in Sewell, N.J., this week.


But Jones said the financial gig is just intended to earn money until he can pursue a coaching career.


"Eventually I hope to become a coach. That’s really like my first passion but as of right now I just got this job so I’m just kinda trying to do something to make a little bit of money," Jones said. "That’s my passion ... I want to eventually be a college coach."


Jones says that his dream would be to become an NCAA Division I head coach, although he acknowledged how difficult of a climb that would be.


"That’s not easy to do but I want to be in the coaching business; that’s my dream job and hopefully I can be a head coach in Division I," Jones stated. "It would be cool to come back to the Mount and coach, but definitely somewhere [NCAA] Division I basketball. I would say that in the next 10 years that would probably be my ultimate goal to be coaching somewhere in Division I basketball. It would always be nice to go back to your alma mater."

No comments: